DIY Human Master Class for Facilitators
a distinctive approach to the art of facilitation
Expand your repertoire. Master your technique.
DIY Human's unique approach to empathic facilitation will sharpen your awareness in real time. Learn to use your humanity and your humor to create camaraderie, depth and meaningful communication. Based on the principles and practice of The Narrative Method, the award-winning nonprofit driven by the power of human connection, this training maximizes your value by broadening the skills, tools and strategies of non-hierarchical facilitation.
Connect deeply to yourself and others
* Use who you really are to inspire others to do the same
* Suspend judgment and assumptions
* Model close listening and reflection
* Establish an atmosphere of intimacy and mutual respect
Use Narrative A.W.E. (*Awareness *Wonder *Empathy)
* Practice putting yourself aside to be there for others
* Learn how to facilitate The 12-Minute Connection using the DIY Human Cards
* Evoke imagination and creativity
* Empower individual voices and unique perspectives
Practice flexibility and mediation
* Invite alternative ideas
* Facilitate connective dyadic and group experiences
* Learn how to direct discussions about diversity and inclusion
* Encourage constructive disagreement
* Understand when to mitigate, let it flow, or shut it down
DIY Human Studio
2222 Pico Blvd
Santa Monica, CA 90405
Inquire about rolling admissions
The DIY Human Master Class for Facilitators is presented by Shari Foos, MA, MFT; MS, founder of The Narrative Method and DIY Human.
Please fill out this form below to begin the application process.